The downtown campus of Mount de Sales Academy is situated in the College Hill Corridor. Mount de Sales counts among its neighbors Mercer University and Navicent Health.
Upper School Academic Buildings
Sheridan Hall, completed in 1990 and prominently perched on a hill overlooking downtown, is widely recognized as the symbol of Mount de Sales. It houses administration, guidance counseling, and Upper School social studies, science, and technology.
Mercy Hall and St. Joseph Hall, mid-century buildings, house Upper School academic departments. Theology, campus ministry, and science are located in Mercy. Math, world languages, and college guidance are located in St. Joseph. The gym, equipped with boys and girls locker rooms and a wooden floor, and cafeteria are in McAuley Hall. Burke Hall consists of a weight room and a classroom.
The oldest building on campus, Cavalier Hall, served as the Sister’s laundry room in the school’s early days. Today, it is an Upper School science lab.
In addition to academic buildings on campus, Mount de Sales has two historic homes. Cavalier Cottage (ca. 1900), formerly named Grey Cottage, houses our security team and facilities staff. Trinity House (ca. 1890) is currently undergoing renovation.
Middle School Academic Building
Father John Cuddy Hall, completed in 2014, is the first-ever dedicated middle school building for grades 6 through 8. Cuddy Hall has given students a single facility that best serves their developmental, social, and academic needs. The new Middle School includes three science labs, eleven classrooms, a counseling suite that includes personal guidance and academic support, and administrative offices. The building is named in honor of Monsignor John Cuddy, a long-time friend and chaplain of the Academy.
David J. Zuver Performing Arts Center
Completed in 2004, The David J. Zuver Performing Arts Center is the heart of the school. This 650-seat gathering space is home to a state-of-the-art stage complex, including a fully-automated lighting system, a high-tech sound system and a 1,000-square-foot stage along with backstage storage. The English department and fine arts are located in Zuver.