Reasons to Give

A culture of philanthropy is at the heart of a great educational institution. Indeed, charitable giving at Mount de Sales is steeped in a rich heritage of service to others. Catherine McAuley often reminded the Sisters of Mercy that “once you have enough, divide” encouraging them to stretch themselves and always seek to identify the needs of people around them.

The Real Cost of Education

Revenue from tuition alone does not cover the full cost of educating students at Mount de Sales, or at any independent school. In fact, tuition only covers about 70 percent of the real cost to educate each student. Therefore, we rely on charitable gifts from parents, grandparents, alumni, friends, and foundations to provide the remaining 30 percent. These contributions help bridge the gap and ensure an exceptional educational experience for all students.

The Spirit of Mercy Annual Fund

The Annual Fund is a tax-deductible opportunity for donors to provide the resources and programs that are essential to our students’ success. A contribution to the Annual Fund is, therefore, the first and most important gift we ask of every member of the Mount de Sales community.

Learn More

Why Your Participation is Important

Your gift is also a vote of confidence, a sign that you believe in the school’s mission and the importance of investing in our students’ future. And, high participation rates among our constituents have a direct impact on gifts from outside sources such as grant-making foundations.

View 2021-22 Impact Report