Mount de Sales begins the admissions season in October of each year, with two main deadlines – one December 1st and another February 1st. Once these deadlines have passed, the rolling admissions phase begins, with applications accepted if there is availability in the class.
Steps to Take
- Engage with us first to learn more about MDS. We offer lots of ways for families to explore MDS.
- Apply once you are ready. See our admissions timeline below to determine the best time for your family to apply.
- Wait for a decision. You can learn more about when to expect decisions on our admissions timeline below.
- Review the offer from Mount de Sales and consider what is best for your family. Many families have questions for our admissions team as they review offers. We welcome you to connect with us.
- Enroll* your student to complete the process of committing to Mount de Sales Academy. When completing the enrollment form, your family will choose a payment plan, make choices related to lunch money, after school care, and transportation, and share the most updated contact information for your family. Once we have your official enrollment, your family will receive a welcome letter and information about creating a class schedule for your student.
*Pending an offer of admission
For many families, applying to Mount de Sales is their first time working through an admissions process for school. Know that you will have resources and help along the way to ensure you do not miss a step. We look forward to working with your family throughout the admissions process!
Requirements for Admissions Application:
- Completed Application Form
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 (waived for alumni and current families)
- Entrance Exam
- School Transcripts including grades, behavior report, and accommodations (if applicable)
- One Teacher Recommendation
MDS has two separate committees assisting with the admissions decisions:
- Admissions Committee: This committee reviews the completed admissions applications and makes one of 3 decisions based on the candidate as a whole: an offer of admission, a deferral of decision, or a denial of admission:
- Students and families who receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to continue exploring MDS to ensure it is their top educational choice.
- Students and families who receive a deferral of decision are encouraged to share one additional teacher rec and an updated grade report, so we can review them holistically once again.
- Students and families who receive a denial of admission are encouraged to consider a reapplication during a future academic year. Our admissions team can guide families through determining if this is the appropriate decision for them.
- Tuition Assistance Committee: This committee is separate from the admissions committee and puts together scholarship and aid award packages for families who qualify. Scholarship and aid award decisions are made after a student is granted admission to MDS. More information about how to be considered for these awards can be found here.
Deadlines: 2023-2024 Admissions Cycle
We encourage families to review the deadlines and consider which option you prefer. There is no wrong time to apply to Mount de Sales, but there are advantages to applying in our Early Action or Regular Decision pools. Details about these advantages are below. If you have questions about when to apply, please reach out to our admissions team.
Early Action – Deadline Dec. 1 with decisions by Jan. 31
Choose this deadline if your family will be ready to apply at this time. With decisions made by Jan. 31, your family will have time to explore or continue exploring MDS post-decision. There are many reasons why a family might feel ready to apply in Early Action. Some families are confident that they want to come to MDS and applying early suits their needs. Other families are eager to have an admissions decision sooner rather than later. An advantage to applying during Early Action is our True Cavalier Scholarships, which are available only to students from this pool who are accepted and qualify. Please view a list of other scholarships and tuition assistance awards available for Early Action applicants here.
MDS will host one Entrance Exam date prior to the December 1st deadline on November 12th from 8:30-11:00am. Please register to attend here.
Regular Decision – Deadline Feb. 1 with decision by March 31
Choose this deadline if your family is ready to apply at this later date. With decisions made by March 31, your family will most-likely have explored MDS prior to the application or decision deadline. This is a great time to apply for families who believe their student will be a stronger applicant after completing the first half of schooling for the academic year. Whether this be related to a student’s grades, maturity, or emotional growth, we understand and trust families to choose the time that is best for them. Please view a list of scholarships and tuition assistance awards available for Regular Decision applicants here.
MDS will host one Entrance Exam date prior to the February 1st deadline on January 21st from 8:30-11:00am. Registration for this will open after December 1st.
Applications Received After Feb. 1
All applications received after Feb. 1 will be reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received. Applicants may be placed in a waitpool for admissions or tuition assistance based on the volume of applicants received prior to the Early Action and Regular Decision deadlines.
Tuition Assistance Application – Deadline March 1 with decision by April 3
The deadline for new families applying for tuition assistance is March 1st. MDS uses a third party, FACTS, to assess a family’s ability to pay tuition and recommend financial aid awards. The FACTS application takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and requires that families upload necessary tax and salary documentation. All families applying for tuition assistance will receive a copy of our Financial Aid policies to guide them through their application. Please be diligent in completing this application, including document uploads, by our March 1st deadline, so that we can consider your family for needs-based tuition assistance. Read more about the tuition assistance and scholarships we offer here. *Any FACTS application received after March 1st will be reviewed by our tuition assistance committee on a first apply, first serve basis. Students must be accepted by the admissions committee before being considered for tuition assistance.*
Enrollment is Your Commitment to MDS – Deadline April 15
For families receiving an offer of admission, your next step is to determine if you’d like to officially enroll. All families applying have notification of admissions decisions from MDS by March 31. When applicable, families also receive tuition assistance or scholarship awards to consider by March 31. We hope this full offer from MDS is what your family needs to make a commitment to enroll by our deadline of April 15. When completing the enrollment form, your family will choose a payment plan; make choices related to lunch money, after school care, and transportation; and share the most updated contact information for your family. Once we have your official enrollment, your family will receive a welcome letter and information relevant for preparing your student and your family for the start of school.
Mount de Sales begins the admissions season in October of each year, with two main deadlines – one December 1st and another February 1st. Once these deadlines have passed, the rolling admissions phase begins, with applications accepted if there is availability in the class. Please view a summary of all deadlines below:
- Early Action Entrance Exam Date – Nov. 12 (register here)
- Early Action Deadline to Submit – Dec. 1
- Early Action Admissions Decision Notifications – Jan. 31
- Regular Decision Entrance Exam Date – Jan. 21
- Regular Decision Deadline to Submit – Feb. 1
- Regular Decision Admissions Decision Notifications – March 31
- FACTS Applications Due – March 1
- All Scholarship and Financial Aid Decision Notifications – April 3
- Enrollment Due – April 15
For more information and to get your questions answered, please email Maggie Gerwig, Director of Enrollment and Career Discovery, at email@example.com.