Mount de Sales begins the admissions season in October of each year, with two main deadlines – February 15th and April 1st. Once these deadlines have passed, the rolling admissions phase begins, with applications accepted as availability in the class remains.
Steps to Take
- Engage with us first to learn more about MDS. We offer lots of ways for families to explore MDS.
- Apply once you are ready. See our admissions timeline below to determine the best time for your family to apply. This includes completing an admissions application and tuition assistance application (if applicable).
- Wait for a decision. You can learn more about when to expect decisions on our admissions timeline below.
- Review the offer from Mount de Sales and consider what is best for your family. Many families have questions for our admissions team as they review offers. We welcome you to connect with us.
- Enroll* your student to complete the process of committing to Mount de Sales Academy. When completing the enrollment form, your family will choose a payment plan, make choices related to lunch money, after school care, and transportation, and share the most updated contact information for your family. Once we have your official enrollment, your family will receive a welcome letter and information about creating a class schedule for your student.
*Pending an offer of admission
For many families, applying to Mount de Sales Academy is their first time working through an admissions process for school. Our admissions team will provide resources and help you along the way to ensure you do not miss a step. We look forward to working with your family throughout the admissions process!
Requirements for Admissions Application:
- Completed Application Form
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 (waived for alumni and current families)
- Entrance Exam
- School Transcripts including grades, discipline report, and accommodations (if applicable)
- One Teacher Recommendation
MDS has two separate committees assisting with the admissions decisions:
- Admissions Committee: This committee reviews the completed admissions applications and makes one of 3 decisions based on the candidate as a whole: an offer of admission, a deferral of decision, or a denial of admission:
- Students and families who receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to continue exploring MDS to ensure it is their top educational choice.
- Students and families who receive a deferral of decision are encouraged to share one additional teacher rec and an updated grade report, so we can review them holistically once again.
- Students and families who receive a denial of admission are encouraged to consider a reapplication during a future academic year. Our admissions team can guide families through determining if this is the appropriate decision for them.
- Tuition Assistance Committee: This committee is separate from the admissions committee and puts together scholarship and aid award packages for families who qualify. Scholarship and aid award decisions are made after a student is granted admission to MDS. More information about how to be considered for these awards can be found here.
Deadlines: 2024-2025 Admissions Cycle
We encourage families to review the deadlines and consider which option you prefer. There is no wrong time to apply to Mount de Sales, but there are advantages to applying early before classes fill. Details about these advantages are below. If you have questions about when to apply, please reach out to our admissions team.
First Deadline – February 15th with decisions by March 15th
Choose this deadline if your family will be ready to apply at this time. With decisions made by March 15th, your family will have time to explore or continue exploring MDS post-decision. There are many reasons why a family might feel ready to apply early. Some families are confident that they want to come to MDS and applying early suits their needs. Other families are eager to have an admissions decision sooner rather than later. An advantage to applying by our first deadline are our True Cavalier Scholarships, which are available only to students from this pool who are accepted and qualify. Please view a list of other scholarships and tuition assistance awards available for applicants here.
MDS will host Entrance Exam dates prior to our February 15th deadline. Please register to attend here.
Second Deadline – April 1st with decisions by April 30th
Choose this deadline if your family is ready to apply at this later date. With decisions made by April 30th, your family will most-likely have explored MDS prior to the application or decision deadline. This is a great time to apply for families who believe their student will be a stronger applicant after completing the first three quarters of schooling for the academic year. Whether this be related to a student’s grades, maturity, or emotional growth, we understand and trust families to choose the time that is best for them. Please view a list of scholarships and tuition assistance awards available for applicants here.
MDS will host Entrance Exam dates prior to our April 1st deadline. Please register to attend here.
Applications Received After April 1st
All applications received after April 1st will be reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received. Applicants may be placed in a waitpool for admissions or tuition assistance based on the volume of applicants received prior to the first and second deadlines.
Tuition Assistance Application – Due March 1st with decisions by April 30th
The deadline for new families applying for tuition assistance is March 1st. MDS uses a third party, FACTS, to assess a family’s ability to pay tuition and recommend financial aid awards. The FACTS application takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and requires that families upload necessary tax and salary documentation. All families applying for tuition assistance will receive a copy of our Financial Aid policies to guide them through their application. Please be diligent in completing this application, including all document uploads, by our March 1st deadline so that we can consider your family for needs-based tuition assistance. Read more about the tuition assistance and scholarships we offer here. *Any FACTS application received after March 1st will be placed in a waitpool and reviewed by our tuition assistance committee while funds remain. Students must be accepted by the admissions committee before being considered for tuition assistance.*
Enrollment is Your Commitment to MDS – Due May 15
For families receiving an offer of admission, your next step is to determine if you’d like to officially enroll. All families applying have notification of admissions decisions from MDS by April 30th. When applicable, families also receive tuition assistance or scholarship awards to consider by April 30th. We hope this full offer from MDS is what your family needs to make a commitment to enroll by our deadline of May 15th. When completing the enrollment form, your family will choose a payment plan; make choices related to lunch money, after school care, and transportation; and share the most updated contact information for your family. Once we have your official enrollment, your family will receive a welcome letter and information relevant for preparing your student and your family for the start of school.
Mount de Sales begins the admissions season in October of each year, with two main deadlines – February 15th and April 1st. Once these deadlines have passed, the rolling admissions phase begins, with applications accepted as availability in the class remains. Please view a summary of all deadlines below:
- Entrance Exam Dates – Nov. 4th, Jan. 20th, or March 23rd (register here)
- First Admissions Deadline – February 15th (decisions by March 15th)
- Financial Aid Deadline – March 1st
- Second Admissions Deadline – April 1st (decisions by April 30th)
- All Scholarship and Financial Aid Decision Notifications – April 30th
- Enrollment Due – May 15th
For more information and to get your questions answered, please email our admissions team at email@example.com.