Mount de Sales Academy, an independent Catholic school sponsored and inspired by the Sisters of Mercy, is a diverse college-preparatory community of learners—students and teachers alike—who are poised to discover, challenged to innovate, and motivated to serve.
Mount de Sales Academy commits itself to teach as Jesus did, through the word of the Gospel and Christ-like action. We endeavor to serve students of diverse backgrounds and needs in their quest to develop as complete individuals. Mount de Sales encourages students to take ownership of their learning and to discover problem solving strategies that benefit them in all areas. Mount de Sales assumes the responsibility of collaborating with other educational influences, especially the family, in the formation of the whole person. As Mount de Sales continues the tradition and vision of the Sisters of Mercy, it seeks to graduate students who are not only prepared for academic and social challenges, but who are motivated by living a more responsible and God-centered life encompassing the values of our Catholic heritage.
Mount de Sales Academy holds the following beliefs:
- Every person is called to holiness and to develop a relationship with a personal and loving God.
- Every person is valued as a unique individual with physical, social, emotional and intellectual gifts and needs.
- Every person is called to respect the value of life and the dignity of each individual.
- Every person must be aware of and responsive to his/her current and long-range obligations to the global community.
- Every person can learn and achieve his/her full potential when provided with a variety of appropriate learning strategies.
- Every person’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect.
- Every person in the school community shares the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
Core Values of the Mercy Tradition
As a school within the Mercy Education Network, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Mount de Sales holds these values in common with other Mercy Schools:
- Compassion and Service
- Educational Excellence
- Concern for Women and Women’s Issues
- Global Vision and Responsibility
- Spiritual Growth and Development
- Collaboration with Others
Poised to Discover
Discover [dis-ˈkə-vər] v.
Find unexpectedly or during a search.
Challenged to Innovate
Innovate [ˈi-nə-ˌvāt] v.
Make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods or ideas.
Motivated to Serve
Serve [ˈsərv] v.
Perform duties or services for another person.