The art program at Mount de Sales offers coursework that, through work in a variety of media, provides an experience in the visual arts as part of a liberal education. Students will view some of the masterworks of the past, learn about how they were made, and enjoy a broad-based experience. The 2-dimensional coursework is a great basis for an initial understanding of art as well as preparation for further study and professional work.
Students are exposed to a wide range of media and tools in the areas of photography design, painting/printmaking, drawing, and sculpture. Students are invited to participate in the following exhibitions and events:
- The Congressional Art Competition
- Pace Academy Photography Competition
- Georgia High School Drawing Competition
- Empty Bowls Charity Events, Family Advancement Ministries
- Woodruff Arts Center Competition
- Celebration of the Arts