We are Decidedly Different
Mount de Sales Academy unites tradition and innovation to offer an outstanding college preparatory education that is decidedly different. Located in the heart of vibrant Intown Macon, Mount de Sales is the oldest and most organically diverse independent private school in Middle Georgia and serves students in grades 6-12. As Mount de Sales continues the founding vision of the Catholic Sisters of Mercy, we seek to graduate students who are well prepared for academic and social challenges and who are inspired to live compassionate and God-centered lives. Students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and have the flexibility to customize their educational path. A Mount de Sales graduate is poised to discover, challenged to innovate, and motivated to serve. We invite you to learn more about the mission of Mount de Sales here.
Poised to Discover
Discover [dis-ˈkə-vər] v.
Find unexpectedly or during a search.
Challenged to Innovate
Innovate [ˈi-nə-ˌvāt] v.
Make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods or ideas.
Motivated to Serve
Serve [ˈsərv] v.
Perform duties or services for another person.
Connect with our Admissions Team
The Mount de Sales admissions office is excited to offer various ways to connect with you. If you are interested in connecting with our team this summer, please use the buttons below to schedule a call or meeting with Maggie Gerwig, Director of Enrollment and Career Discovery. You can also contact Maggie via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch Break Campus Tours – Tuesdays from 12-1pm
Maggie Gerwig, our Director of Enrollment, is available almost every Tuesday for lunch. Join her for lunch from our cafeteria followed by a quick campus tour. Each lunch break is from 12-1pm. Register here.
Virtual Ask Us Anything Events
We will be offering 3 opportunities to connect with our admissions team, administration, and others. This virtual event offers a great first look at MDS and a convenient way to get your initial questions answered. Register here for any of the following:
- Ask Us Anything: September 23 from 9:15-9:55am
- Ask Us Anything: October 21 from 9:15-9:55am
- Ask Us Anything: December 16 from 9:15-9:55am
- Open House & One Act: October 26 from 5:30-6:45pm – This evening open house is a great way to see campus. This event includes an opportunity to meet our admissions team, current families, and administration as well as a campus tour. All in attendance will receive complimentary tickets to The One Act play to follow at 7pm. Register here.
- Open House & Basketball: January 17 from 5:45-7:15pm – This evening open house is a great way to see campus. This event includes an opportunity to meet our admissions team, current families, and administration as well as a campus tour. All in attendance will receive complimentary tickets to attend the Varsity Basketball game to follow at 7:30pm. Register here.
What better way to explore MDS than to experience the school day for yourself? We will host 3 more of these student-only events and you can register for your student to attend here:
- Shadow Day – Friday, November 4 from 7:45am to 3:15pm (Registration Closed)
- There are still a few spots left in some grade-levels. Contact Maggie Gerwig to learn more: email@example.com
- Shadow Day – Friday, January 13 from 7:45am to 3:15pm
- Shadow Day – Tuesday, February 21 from 7:45am to 3:15pm
MDS Entrance Exam
All applicants are required to take the MDS Entrance Exam as a part of their application to MDS. This exam helps us gather more information about each applicant and scores are used to determine merit award recipients. Please register here for an upcoming test date.
- Saturday, November 12 at 8:30am
- Monday, November 28 at 8:30am (last opportunity before the first admissions deadline)
- Saturday, January 21 at 8:30am
We look forward to meeting you!
Check Out Our Blog
MDS Musings Blog content is informative and a great display of what it means to be a Cavalier!Our Latest Posts
Receive our E-newsletter
Our bi-monthly e-newsletters include parent and student testimonials, upcoming events, admissions deadlines, tips, and more.Subscribe
Connect on Social Media
Our social media channels are a great way to see the stories happening day-to-day. Click the icons below to begin experiencing our Cavalier community!