MIA T-Shirts on Sale Now!
Mercy Moments Week is happening September 26 – 30. Our MIA theme for this year is “Go. Serve. Love.” MIA T-shirts are available this week for purchase here: https://mtdesales.link/mercyinaction
Mercy in Action is a program sponsored by Mount de Sales Academy that strives to instill values of the Sisters of Mercy, and the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy and servant leadership into the lives of students, faculty, and staff. Upper School students are required to complete a certain number of Mercy in Action hours during each academic year.
Typically, the school plans events which help students live out Mercy in the community. Examples of these kinds of events have included:
- Serving breakfast at Macon Outreach
- Serving patrons at the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Facilitating discussions about race and racial injustice.
- Tutoring, mentoring and supporting local elementary school students
- Cultivating neighborly relationships with people in Macon, for example at Saint Paul’s Apartments
- Revitalizing houses through Rebuilding Macon and the Fuller Center
Servant Leadership is another value that Mercy in Action promotes. Through this kind of service, students commit themselves to the growth of others, listen to the genuine needs of others, practice hospitality, practice empathy and be a good steward.
Through a developing Mercy in Action curriculum, students will reflect on what they learn in their Theology classes. Students will complete assignments where they recall their time of service and what they learned about themselves and the community. These recollections will be combined with course specific activities and topics.