The annual Catholic Schools Week will be celebrated across the country January 29 – February 4. At MDS, our celebrations will include:
January 30: $1 dress down for Daybreak Day Resource Center, which provides support services for the homeless in our community and can tab collection kick-off for the Ronald McDonald House
January 31: Plaid dress down and students write notes to younger students at local Catholic schools
February 1: Mercy t-shirt day with rosary and adoration in the chapel
February 2: Middle school and sophomores attend all-schools Mass at St. Joseph Catholic Church
February 3: Blue & Gold dress down and teacher appreciation day
Did you know that there are 5,938 Catholic schools across the nation? Ninety-nine percent of students in the 1,173 Catholic high schools graduate and 85 percent matriculate to college. Here are a few other reasons why it’s great to attend a Catholic school:
- We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
- We set high standards for student achievement and help them succeed.
- We instill in students the value of service to others.
- We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.